The winners of the 2012 Costa Book Awards have been announced. Hilary Mantel won the Costa Novel Award for her novel, Bring Up the Bodies
. The novel, set in 1935, tells the story of Thomas Cromwell, Chief Minister to Henry VIII. The book also won the 2012 Man Booker Prize.
Here is a list of the winners:
- Costa Novel Award: Bring up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel
- Costa First Novel Award: The Innocents by Francesca Segal
- Costa Biography Award: Dotter of her Father's Eyes by Mary and Bryan
- Costa Poetry Award: The Overhaul by Kathleen Jamie
- Costa Children's Book Award: Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner
These five books are now eligible for the 2012 Costa Book of the Year, which will be announced on January 29, 2013.
Photo: Henry Holt and Co.