Cheerios, Jennie Garth and Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing have partnered to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of its Spoonfuls of Stories
program. The program will provide more than six million bilingual children’s books free inside specially-marked cereal boxes.
Jennie Garth says, "Parents play a key role in helping their children become readers, which is why reading is a daily ritual in my family. As a mother and advocate for childhood literacy, I am proud to once again support the Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories program, which has helped young children cultivate an interest in reading simply by providing access to books."
This books are appropriate for children ages three to eight. Here are the books included in Cheerios boxes this year:
Photo: Cheerios/Business Wire
- Peeny Butter Fudge by Toni and Slade Morrison and illustrated by Joe Cepeda
- Mostly Monsterly by Tammi Sauer and illustrated by Scott Magoon
- Noodle & Lou by Elizabeth Garton Scanlon and illustrated by Arthur Howard
- If I Were a Jungle Animal by Amanda Ellery and illustrated by Tom Ellery
- Hello Baby by Mem Fox and illustrated by Steve Jenkins
- Can I Just Take a Nap? by Ron Rauss and illustrated by Rob Shepperson